Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Looking forward to the weekend!

It's been a while since I have blogged. School has been school as usual! Busy with tests and lots of studying. I have had a few fun and interesting experiences the past week though! I got to start an IV on my friend Vanessa in class last week! I got it in on the first try and I didn't hurt her or bruise her :) Mission accomplished!! I also got to give flu shots last week(mission accomplished), I got to insert a catheter today (mission not so accomplished), I got to do glucometers (mission accomplished) and next week I get to pass meds and do insulin coverage! I am enjoying getting to experience all of this stuff. But no one can prepare you for how different things are from when you learn and practice things in lab to when you actually do them on a real person! It is so nerve racking!! I hope that as time goes on things become easier and not so nerve racking!

I have had a slight break in studying this week and let me tell you that has been nice and a blessing. I spent 3 hours deep cleaning my house last night, it really needed it! It felt so good to be able to put some time into something other than school!

Eric and I are looking forward to the weekend. We have reserved a hotel in Indianapolis for the entire weekend! We made an agreement that we would not be doing any homework or studying while we are gone. We really need this weekend to spend some quality time with each other. We are looking forward to hanging out and doing some Christmas shopping. We are also planning on attending the Bodies exhibit while we are there! I am really excited about that, it looks so interesting! I hope that we will really get to spend some much needed time together and come back refreshed and ready to push through the end of the semester.

I can't wait until Friday. I have a check off on IV's and central line dressing change tomorrow morning. A Pharmacology test tomorrow afternoon. And then Friday at 5:30 we are out for the weekend and I can't wait! God Bless!!

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

I'm glad there are folks like you willing to do the IV's, shots, etc. I'm a little too squeamish myself. Keep up the good work.

Keym said...

I really want to see the bodies exhibit. Let me know how awesome it is.