Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Home from Surgery

Well we got home from surgery about 5:30 tonight. The doctor said things went well, but I would be in a lot of pain. So much pain that they sent me home with a catheter in the back of my knee that is infusing pain medicine continuously for the next 3 days. I am also taking oral pain medication. I have a feeling that day 4 will be no fun!

Just wanted to do a quick update and thank everyone for your prayers, thoughts and concerns! Eric and I feel so blessed to be part of a church where people truly do care. That means the world to us! We have been so blessed by the outpouring of support from everyone. Thank you and we love you all!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Casey,
Praise God your surgery went according to plan! I can't imagine blogging after what you have been through, but thanks for letting us all know you made it through OK.

Praying for you and Eric. You, for a SPEEDY and FULL recovery and Eric for good nursing skills!

Mommy pfohl said...

you Rock girl! You even blogged! Thanks for the update. I wanted to call today but didn't want to interrupt if you were resting! You know where I am!!! Don't hesitate to call! Hint: I'm NEVER resting! LOL! I have a two year old and four year old who see to that!!! :) Hugs girl! So glad you came through and praying day 4 is not what you think! -Mindy

Nathan said...

Great Casey! I'm glad things are going well.

Now, I know you only a little bit, but I do you know enough to say

REST!!!!!

;o)

Keym said...

Sweet they sent you home with your very own goody bag! Enjoy :0)
I'll keep praying that you have a speedy as pain free as possible recovery.

Shelby-Grace said...

Glad things went well, and I'll be praying for you...especially the pain. Take care!