Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Update

Well as you know it has been a few weeks since my last post. My ankle is healing well. I returned to the doctor on Christmas Eve and had my surgery splint removed and my staples removed. I had 7 staples in my knee and 13 in my ankle. I was placed into a new short leg cast for 2 more weeks. So I go back on January 7th to have my short leg cast removed and be placed into my boot. At that point the hope is that I can start doing some partial weight bearing. With the plan being to be full weight bearing in a boot by January 26th at the latest. With the earliest I will be out of a boot and able to walk normally being the middle of February. Meaning no driving for several more weeks...ahhhhhhhhhhhh!Here is a picture of my ankle when I got a brief look at it on 12/23.



This surgery has been stressful in many ways. I am not a person who likes to sit and do nothing...and unfortunately I have had to do a lot of that! I am very independent and I have lost a lot of my independence, that's for sure. And well the financial aspect of it all....you should check out my husband Eric's blog he did a great job posting a testimonial about that aspect of it all. There will be new stresses arise when school starts. I will have to depend on people 4 days a week to get me to and from class and clinicals. I am not worried about class because Vanessa said she would take me and she like me is always early! It's clinicals I am a little nervous about because if we are late it is a really big deal, and well being on someone else's time that puts being late a little out of my control and unfortunately Vanessa and I are in different clinicals so I can't depend on her!!

Well enough about my pity party...let's talk about the holidays! Eric and I had a good but busy Christmas holiday. We spent Christmas Eve in Anderson with my step mom's family after Eric got home form work and then headed to my parents house in Parker to have Christmas with my parents, my brother and my nephew. That was a lot of fun. My nephew is 2 and was really into ripping open presents, but he didn't so much care about what was in the presents! Here are a few pictures from mom and dads on Christmas eve.






Eric and I stayed at his parents house on Christmas Eve. We then had Christmas with his parents, siblings and his Grandmother on Christmas morning. After opening gifts and eating breakfast we headed to Lynn to pick up my cousin then went to Centerville for Christmas with my mom's side of the family. We enjoyed hanging out and having lunch with them. We then headed back to Eric's mom and dad's house to have dinner with his parents, siblings, grandmother, grandparents and his uncle. We ended up staying at his mom and dad's house until Friday. We really enjoyed spending time with family over the holidays.

We went to a wedding on Saturday where Eric was excited to hang out with some buddies from high school. We had a good time and it was good to see old friends.

Well it appears as if we are now back into the normal routine. Eric is back to work and I am back to sitting in the recliner or on the couch not doing a whole lot! I hope everyone had a great holiday!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you are recovering nicely and on schedule. I am sure it is stressful, but I am confident the Lord will work everything out for you and your clinicals. Will remember you and Eric in my prayers.

Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas, too!

Keym said...

That's a flipping sweet picture of your ankle.
Sorry that you have to depend on others, that really does suck. I had a car wreck in 2004 and I was off of work, school and my feet for 3 months. It was miserable. Nathan really helped me get through it. I did get to play lots of GameCube though and that rocked.
I will continue for God to bless you with a speedy recovery.