Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quick Update

Well the last two days have been very long to say the least. You don't realize how independent you are until you lose that independence. I feel so helpless right now. My wonderful husband has been great though. He gets me up in the morning and helps me get dressed before he goes off to work. He makes sure I have breakfast, my ice packs and anything else that I need before he leaves for the day. He has also had to help me in and out of the bathtub and let me tell ya that's no fun. My brother in law has been very helpful as well. He has been staying with us only leaving me alone when he has to go to class.

My pain yesterday was pretty intense to say the least. I was very uncomfortable all day long. And to top it off my catheter pain medication ran out at 2:30 this morning. I had a hard time sleeping after that so I was up from 2:30 to 5:30 studying for my pharmacology final that I had today.

So that brings us to today. I got out today for the first time and boy was that a trip. Vanessa picked me up at 9 and we went to the DMV and got my handicap parking permit. We then got a drink and breakfast sandwich at McDonalds before heading to school. We then went to school and studied a little bit more for our final. We took our final and left school at 12:30. We then went to lunch with some girls from school at Fazoli's. That was a good time. I think it would have been even better if I wasn't in pain. I think I sat in one position at school to long causing my leg to be really sore. We got home around 2 today.

When we got home Vanessa took my catheter out of my leg for me and helped me get situated for the rest of the afternoon since I would be home alone for about 3 hours.

I am just so thankful for the great friends and family that we have. We are so blessed! Thanks guys I really appreciate it.

0 comments: