Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trying to relax

Well it's been a few days since my last blog. We went to Wabash this Saturday and came home Sunday for Christmas with Eric's mom's family. We had a really good time. I was still in a lot of pain over the weekend but his family was wonderful. I spent most of the weekend in the recliner as usual! We really enjoyed getting to spend time with Eric's grandparents, his parents, his siblings and his cousins from Ohio. It was nice for Eric to get a little bit of a break from taking care of me, as there were several people who took care of me over the weekend. We had several great meals over the weekend while we were there! Eric's family is blessed with wonderful cooks, so I of course was blessed with wonderful food! After dinner Saturday evening we enjoyed opening gifts from his grandparents and his uncle. We too enjoyed watching them all open our gifts! It was a great time had by all. It was then time to head to bed. Eric's grandparents had gotten us a hotel for the night due to limited space in their home. They offered for me to stay in their recliner (since they knew it had been my bed for the last several days) and let Evan go to the hotel with Eric Saturday night. Eric and I talked about it and I really wanted to spend some time with Eric so I attempted to sleep in a bed. Well that didn't work out to well, neither one of us slept to well! LOL!! So long story short...I think I will be sleeping in the recliner for a while to come! Sorry honey!

We got home Sunday and relaxed. The boys helped me clean up the house before going to bed Sunday night.

Monday morning Vanessa picked me up for my last day of class! We had our med/surg final at 9 am. That went very well. I got an 84 out of 100. So I ended my first semester of nursing school with 4 A's and 2 B's. So not too bad at all! I am very glad that it is over for four weeks, however I am not sure what to do with myself now! After our final she helped me get my tuition paid and get my books for next semester. We then headed to IHOP with Alaina and Deidre for one last girls lunch of the semester. That was a lot of fun. We then headed to Central Indiana Orthopedics to see the doctor. We noticed on Saturday night that my ankle incision had bled through my plaster cast and through 3 layers of ace wrap. I had also rubbed the back of my knee raw and it was chaffed and bleeding, and I had developed a rash all over my leg. I was a bit concerned so we went to get it checked out. The doctor said that the bleeding was normal so not to worry. He then told me take benadryl and put hydrocortisone cream on my rash. And they cut the back of my cast down 2 to 3 inches to help decrease the rubbing! Vanessa thanks for running me around on Monday I really appreciated it! So that was my day on Monday. Oh, and then Monday night Debi Howell from church brought Puerta Vallarta for dinner. It was oh so good and we are very thankful for the thoughtfulness of our church to provide meals for us. Thanks Debi!!

Today I was a little bummed that I would be home by myself all day because Eric had to work and Evan had finals all day. But don't worry, Nikki came and picked me up at 11 today. We went to Target and then grabbed some KFC for lunch before heading back to her house for a few hours. It was so nice to get out of my house and hang out with my best friend for the day. I have really been lacking in that time lately! She took me home a little after 4. On our way home we made a few stops at the bank, Kohls (she ran in and got a gift for my mom! Yay!), Sears, Walgreens and then the gas station before heading to my house! Did I mention we had 6 kids with us on the way home?!? LOL! Don't worry Nikki ran in all the places on the way home and I held down the van with 6 kiddos :) Then tonight Joe and Debbie Frazier brought us dinner from their growth group. Thanks for the meal guys we really appreciated it and it was very good :)

I really just want to thank everyone that has been helping out this last week I really appreciate it a lot! My family, my friends, people from church for bringing us meals and for the prayers! I really truly am blessed to have you all in my life! I would be lost without you all! God Bless and I love you guys!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Casey,
Glad to hear you are recouperating well and that your test went GREAT! Congrats on those grades!!!

Jim goes in the morning to EIO to have his foot looked at...possible surgery. Do you see Dr. Chris Nehr by any chance?

Now that school is over...RELAX! Let your brain take a break LOL

Casey R. Vincent said...

No Sue I actually see Dr. Steven Herbst. He works out of CIO in the Muncie and Anderson offices. He has done 3 surgeries for me and I would highly recommend him to anyone! I hope Jim doesn't have to have surgery! It is no fun! But if he does I am sure you will be a good nurse for him! And I will try to relax...that's something I am not very good at :)