Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tuesday is the day!

Well I went to the doctor today only to find out the news I had been dreading. I will be having ankle surgery on Tuesday December 9th. We looked at my MRI today and there is a chunk missing out of my ankle joint. It kind of looks like someone took a bite out of my ankle! So to fix it they will be taking a cartilage plug out of my right knee via a catheter and placing it in my ankle! I will have a 3 to 4 inch incision on the outer aspect of my ankle. I also found out today that I will have to have my ligaments reconstructed for a second time. I had them reconstructed 2 1/2 years ago. My doctor told us today that this would only be the 2nd time in 7 years of doing this type of surgery that he has ever had to repeat the procedure! I will be unable to drive for 6-8 weeks which will be a big bummer, so you will all have to come and visit me in Muncie, I am sure I will appreciate the company!

Eric and I have concluded that I unfortunately seem to fall into the (there is a 10% chance that this might happen) category. The problem is that I seem to fall into that category more times than not! So it's kind of frustrating. But oh well! Eric and I are thankful that we live in a country where the healthcare that we need is available, however we are unsure of how we are going to fund this operation!! But I know that God is in control and we are faithful so things will work out!

The news of having surgery so soon has stressed me out to say the least. I was ok with the fact that I was having surgery on Tuesday, until I started thinking about everything. After I started thinking I realized a few things: I don't have my Christmas shopping done(and Eric is not a shopper), I am going to need to clean my house top to bottom(and well Eric will do it,but we do things differently), I will have no means of my own transportation for 2 months(and I am very independent), I am not so sure how well cooking is going to work out when I can't be weight bearing for several weeks (and Eric can only cook a few things, he may have to learn!), I am not sure how if I get this new job I am going to start it in January with a cast on my foot! All of these things among several others are running through my mind right now. I know everything will work out, but you must remember I am a planner, and this was far from in my plans! However, I do realize that God has a plan and everything will work out!

On a positive note I got a call from BMH about the SNT position I applied for and I have an interview on 6 North on Friday morning. So please keep your fingers crossed, this will help out on the income side of things!

Well sorry for rambling but I had a lot on my mind tonight!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Casey, I'm sorry to hear you have to have surgery again. I will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully you will heal in 6 weeks instead of 8.

If you would like for me to help you with ANYTHING send me an email.

Kris Sorensen said...

Said a prayer for you this morning.

Keym said...

Wow this is a lot to deal with. Sheese I will be praying.