Sunday, August 3, 2008

Great Weekend

Well Eric and I had a good weekend. We spent the weekend together hanging out with friends and relaxing for a change. I found that sticking to the diet over the weekend wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I was definitely dreading Sunday dinner today as it is a big to do in Eric's family with a big meal and of course desert. However, I spoke with Eric's mom ahead of time and informed her I would be bringing my own lunch so I wouldn't be tempted so much and it worked out nicely. I heated up my food and ate with everyone else and I was able to enjoy dinner without thinking "What can I eat?!" So my ability to control food instead of letting food control me is absolutely getting easier to say the least.

I did some shopping this weekend and found some other things that I could eat. I was telling my husband that food tastes so bland without high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils in it. I kept saying I wanted some spice. So this evening we headed to buffalo wild wings and found out that a lot of their sauces don't contain those things and most of them don't contain any grams of sugar on the nutrient label either, SCORE! So we bought some to spice up our chicken at home so I am way looking forward to eating some chicken with a kick. We also found individual serving size packs of light ranch dressing that I can carry in my purse so that wherever we end up at I will always have dressing I can eat! Needless to say it was a good weekend !!

P.S. I have lost 11 pounds!! Yippee!!

~Casey~

1 comments:

Sue said...

WOW...11 pounds already?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome. It sounds like you are going to find ways to eat well and lose weight at the same time.